Pacorr’s precision wall thickness gauge digital is one of best instruments that can be used for testing of thickness of packaging containers such as PET and plastic bottles. The Wall Thickness Gauge can be used for testing the thickness of the containers that cannot be measured through conventional methods. In the PET industry, the quality of PET containers and bottles is very important as the quality of the bottles is wholly responsible for the quality and safety of the products.
This is why the manufacturers need to keep in mind every aspect of quality of the containers. One such aspect is the wall thickness of the PET bottles. The strength of the bottles greatly depends on the wall thickness of the bottles. The manufactures need to make sure that the thickness of the bottles is optimum for best shape and strength. Any unevenness in the thickness of the walls can results into bad shape and low strength of the bottles which can pose a threat to the safety and the quality of the products that will be stored in those bottles. The Wall Thickness Gauge Digital manufacturers and suppliers fabricate an impeccable testing instrument that can be used to measure and test the wall thickness of the PET bottle as normal measuring instruments such as Vernier calliper cannot measure the thickness of the walls of the bottles as the walls are uneven and the bottles do not have a regular shape.
Precision Wall Thickness Gauge Digital is a highly precise testing instrument that is offered by Pacorr and is used mostly to measure and test the wall thickness of the products and surfaces which are not possible to measure through the conventional measuring methods such as measuring tapes or Vernier Callipers. In most of the industries, where PET bottles are used for packaging of the products, the quality of the bottles is a very important aspect that ensures the safety of the products inside them. This is why the wall thickness of the bottles needs to be measured to ensure the best strength and quality of the bottles.
This can be done with the help of Pacorr’s Wall Thickness Gauge which can easily measure the wall thickness of the PET bottles despite of the irregular shape of the bottles which is not accessible through normal measuring equipment. The instrument can be used to measure the thickness any non-ferrous material. The equipment is designed to work on the principles of electromagnetism. There is a guiding metallic ball given with the instrument that is inserted inside the bottle and then an electromagnetic wave is sent through the wall to the guide ball and the time taken by the wave to come back gives the thickness of the wall. The Precision Wall Thickness Gauge Digital manufacturers and suppliers provide digital display that helps in taking easy readings for the wall thickness. There are two different types of wear caps given with the instrument to ensure accurate measurement of every type of surface. The instrument also comes with computer connectivity so that the test data can be easily downloaded to the computer for further analysis.
- Overall Dimension: 7.25″ L x 4.00″ W x-2.00″ H (184mm x 101.6mm x 50.8mm)
- Weight: 1.15 lbs (.52 kg) with internal Li-Ion battery
- Operation temperature: -4 to 122F (-20 to 50C)
- Keypad: Illuminating rubber keypad
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Czech, Finnish, Chinese, Japanese, Hungarian
- Data Storage: Onboard & removable up to 32 GB Micro-SD card
- Battery Life: 16 h (lithium-ion) (TBD) AC
- Power Requirements: AC Mains: 100 VAC to120 VAC, 200 VAC to 240 VAC
- Display Type: 3.5″ high resolution color TFT display, 320 x 240 pixels (1/4 VGA), sunlight readable, including multiple color pallets
- Backlight: Light Emitting Diode (LED) backlight. Includes variable light intensity.
- Display Dimensions: (W x H, Diag.) 2.76 in. x 2.07 in., 3.5 in. (70.08 mm x 52.56 mm, 88.9 mm)
- Min/Max Capture Mode: Captured at 60 Hz measurement rate Display
- Formats: 4 modes; Thickness only, Thickness with 3 additional customizable choices, Thickness and Strip chart, Grid View
- Display Update Rate: 4, 8, 16 and 20 Hz
- Alarm: High and Low alarms with vibrate feature
- Thickness Range: 0.0001″-1.00″ (0.001-25.4 mm) of any non-ferrous material with access to both sides
- Resolution: 0.01 in. (0.1 mm), 0.001 in. (0.01 mm), 0.0001 in. (0.001 mm), (depending on thickness range)
- Data Logger: Internal file-based alphanumeric data logger
- Memory Card: Maximum capacity: 32 GB removable Micro-SD memory card
- Shutoff: selectable 1-31 minutes or “Never” shut off
- Inputs/Outputs: USB 2.0 peripheral, port RS-232 (Optional), Bluetooth (optional): Send and receive readings and files via Bluetooth
- Environmental Testing: Designed for IP67
- Warranty: One year warranty under normal use on parts, 90 days for the probe. The probe should not be dropped or used around ferrous materials such as iron, steel, doing so will void the warranty.
- The instrument gives high rate of measurement with faster update rate.
- Instrument has a digital display for clear readout of measurement.
- Comes with replaceable wear caps.
What is the working principle of the wall thickness gauge?
The wall thickness gauge offered by Pacorr works on the principle of eddy currents and electromagnetism. The instrument uses electromagnetic waves that are generated with the help of eddy currents and determines the wall thickness of non-ferrous materials with great accuracy.
Is the display language of the instrument customizable?
Yes. The wall thickness gauge supplied by Pacorr supports many different languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Czech, Finnish, Chinese, Japanese, Hungarian.
Is there an option to extend the storage memory of the device?
Yes. The instrument supports and extendible memory through micro SD card with a capacity up to 32 GB.
Is there computer connectivity option with the device?
The wall thickness gauges can easily be connected to a computer via USB 2.0 peripheral, RS 232 port. Users can also use Bluetooth options to send and receive the testing data.
Are Measuring tips of the instrument replaceable? If yes, where can I find the new tips to replace?
Yes. The measuring tips of the devices are replaceable. If your device requires the replacement of the measuring tips then you can contact our support team and they will help you with that.